If you are interested in these or other exciting careers at The Siemon
Company, please submit a resume for immediate consideration.
NOTE: This does not respresent a complete list of all open positions.
If the position is open, qualified candidates will be contacted.
|Wire EDM Programmer|
|POSITION PURPOSE Primary responsibilities of this position include the setting up, programming, operating and maintaining of the Wire E.D.M. This individual will read blueprints to create products which will be used by toolmakers and diemakers as well as to create small parts for Automation and prototypes for Engineering. This individual will work with Toolmakers, Engineers, Mold Makers, and Automation to meet design specifications and to make modifications to products.|
· High School Diploma or equivalent required.
· Technical trade school with a tooling background is a definite plus.
· Demonstrated experience working with Charmilles machines is required.
· Demonstrated experience with Espirit, Solid Works, and AutoCAD is required.
· Detailed working knowledge of blueprint reading; Demonstrated ability to utilize computers to program machines within established specifications.
· Ability to work independently; Excellent attention to detail.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills as well as the ability to communicate technical information to people of various backgrounds.
· Methodical, organized and detail oriented work habits.
1. Effectively programs computers to efficiently operate the Wire E.D.M. within established specifications; Utilizes blueprints in order to ensure that all specifications are met.
2. Effectively operates the Wire E.D.M. within established procedures; Troubleshoots Wire E.D.M. in a timely and organized manner; Performs scheduled as well as preventive maintenance on Wire E.D.M. as needed or as scheduled.
3. Effectively communicates with Engineering, Automation, Tool Room, and Moldcraft in order to create various designs for tools, dies, molds, as well as design specifications for prototypes.
4. Utilizes Espirit, Solid Works, and AutoCAD in the creation of established design specifications and/or design modifications.
5. Effectively utilizes micrometers and gauges to ensure parts meet established specifications; Continually inspects work ensuring that a high level of quality is achieved.
Job State or (Province):
The Siemon Company
101 Siemon Company Drive
Watertown, CT 06795