Zero-U Patching with VersaPOD Data Center Cabinets
Part of Siemon's Data Center Solutions, VersaPOD Data Center Cabinets feature dual-hinged split doors, Zero-U vertical patch panels, recessed corner posts, high-capacity horizontal cable managers and end-of-row vertical patch panels.
- 1 DUAL-HINGED SPLIT DOORS
- Rear split doors can be hinged open in both directions or removed, providing direct and unimpeded access to either the vertical patching zones or equipment areas.
- 2 ZERO-U VERTICAL PATCH PANELS
- Vertical copper and fiber patch panels provide up to 24U of Zero-U vertical patching space between every two cabinets (12U front, 12U rear) - up to 1152 copper and 1728 fiber ports.
- These panels conveniently slide forward providing access to the connections at the rear of the panel.
- 3 RECESSED CORNER POSTS
- 150mm (6 in.) of space between equipment ports and cabinet doors enables cables to be routed directly from Zero-U patch panels, cable managers or PDUs to equipment mounting areas. Also facilitates horizontal cabinetto- cabinet cable routing and patching.
- 4 HIGH-CAPACITY HORIZONTAL CABLE MANAGERS
- 2U and 4U horizontal managers are available with 100mm (4 in.) or 150mm (6 in.) depths to effectively create horizontal cable management pathways across a row of cabinets for cabinet-tocabinet cable routing and patching while hinged covers conceal and protect the cable pathway.
- 5 END-OF-ROW VERTICAL PATCH PANELS
- Mount up to 8U of (4U front, 4U rear) patch panels in the Zero-U vertical space at both ends of each row.
Zero-U Patching Benefits
- SHORTER CORDS AND JUMPERS
- Zero-U patch panels put patching ports right beside equipment ports - reducing the need for more expensive, longer cords. Shorter cords with less cable slack improves air flow, aesthetics and simplifies channel tracing.
- MORE DESIGN OPTIONS
- With your patching fields maintained in VersaPOD’s Zero-U vertical space, you can decrease or even eliminate the use of patch panels in traditional 19” horizontal mounting space freeing this space for additional networking and storage equipment options.
- Supporting up to 1152 copper and 1728 fiber patching ports between every 2 cabinets and at both ends of each row, VersaPOD provides ample patching capacity for future expansion - without labor-intensive re-design or additional cabinets.