Data Center Efficiency & Thermal Management
With energy costs continuing to rise, Siemon's VersaPOD system has been designed to control air flow to maximize thermal management and efficiency without sacrificing equipment and cabling density.
- 1 VERTICAL EXHAUST DUCT (Chimney)
- Passively directs the hot exhaust heat from active equipment vertically into the return air space to increase HVAC efficiency. Can be field extended to a range of ceiling heights.
- 2 VERTICAL CABLE MANAGEMENT TRAYS
- Up to 8 vertical cable management trays can be installed between each set of bayed data center cabinets to isolate air flow from cabinet to cabinet while facilitating routing and slack management of cabling.
- 3 PROPER CABLE MANAGEMENT
- By moving data center cables out of the horizontal equipment mounting areas and away from equipment cooling fans, VersaPOD improves overall airflow and cooling efficiency.
- 4 HIGH-FLOW DOORS
- Front and rear doors enable over 71% airflow to ensure proper hot aisle/cold aisle circulation. Split rear doors require smaller opening clearance, maximizing user access in shallow hot aisles.
- 5 OPEN FLOOR ACCESS
- Each VersaPOD unit has a completely open base, enabling maximum air flow and routing of cabling into or out of raised floor pathway systems.
- 6 COOLING DOORS
- VersaPOD transition frames available for mounting of Siemon liquid-cooled rear door heat exchangers.