Consists of the telecommunications service entrance to the building and backbone pathways between buildings.
- Providers of all telecommunications services shall be contacted to establish requirements.
- Location of other utilities shall be considered in locating the entrance facility.
- Alternate entrance facility should be provided where security, continuity or other special needs exist.
- Equipment not related to the support of the entrance facility should not be installed in, pass through, or enter the telecommunications entrance facility.
- Dry location not subject to flooding and close as practicable to building entrance point and electrical service room.
- Wireless transmission/reception shall be located close to wireless field.
- Accommodate the applicable seismic zone requirements.
- A service entrance pathway shall be provided via one of the following entrance types: Underground, Buried, Aerial, Tunnel.
- Minimum one wall should be covered with rigidly fixed 21mm (0.75 in.) A-C plywood.
- Minimum lighting same as telecommunication room.
- False ceilings shall not be provided.
- Minimum door same as telecommunications room.
- Electrical power same as telecommunications room. No convenience receptacles mentioned.
- Grounding same as telecommunications room.