Commercial Building Standard for Telecommunications Pathways and Spaces
The TIA TR42.3 Working Group on Telecommunications Pathways & Spaces published the TIA-569-B ('569-B) Standard in 2004.
Following are Highlights of the '569-B Standard:
- Standardize design and construction practices for telecommunications pathways and spaces.
- Provides a telecommunications support system that is adaptable to change during the life of the facility.
- Pathways and spaces in which telecommunications media are placed and terminated, including wireless.
- Telecommunications pathways and spaces within and between buildings.
- Commercial building design for both single and multi-tenant buildings.
- Work Area
- Telecommunications Room
- Equipment Room
- Main Terminal Space
- Entrance Facility
- Telecommunications Enclosures
The following normative and informative annexes are provided in TIA-569-B:
- Firestopping (Normative)
- Additional section information (Informative)
- Noise reduction guidelines (Informative)
- Bibliography and references (Informative)
*ANSI approval pending.