Twisted-Pair PCords and Cross-Connect Jumpers
- Patch cords should use stranded cable for adequate flex-life.
- Stranded cables must meet the minimum performance requirements for horizontal cable except that 20 percent more attenuation for UTP is allowed by '568-B.2 and 50 percent more attenuation is allowed by '11801:2002 for UTP and F/UTP.
- Color-code for cross-connect jumpers: One conductor white, the other a visibly distinct color such as red or blue.
- Performance markings should be provided to show the applicable transmission category in addition to safety markings.
- Insulated O.D. of stranded wires should be 0.8mm (0.032 in.) to 1mm (0.039 in.) to fit into a modular plug.
- Production performance specifications for plug cord assemblies are addressed in '568-B.2.
- Color Codes for Stranded, 100Ω Patch Cord
|Option 1||Option 2|
|white/blue - blue||pair 1||green - red|
|white/orange - orange||pair 2||black - yellow|
|white/green - green||pair 3||blue - orange|
|white/brown - brown||pair 4||brown - slate|
- Because of their identical pair groupings, patch cords terminated with either T568A or T568B pair assignments may be used interchangeably, provided that both ends are terminated with the same pin/pair scheme.