Fully Shielded Cabling (S/FTP)
Fully shielded cabling requirements have been developed by ISO and IEC. Cable and connector specifications extend to 600 MHz and support class F cabling requirements. (An ISO/IEC project has been started to create amendment 1 of Ed. 2 of ISO/IEC 11801, which extends class F to 1.0 GHz). This cabling type is recognized as S/FTP, which stands for a foil and braided overall shield applied over individually foil shielded twisted-pairs.
Fully Shielded Cable:
- Pair 1 = White/Blue - Blue
- Pair 2 = White/Orange - Orange
- Pair 3 = White/Green - Green
- Pair 4 = White/Brown - Brown
- Four 0.51mm (24 AWG) or larger 100 . twisted-pairs each enclosed by an individual foil shield with an overall shield provided over the four-pairs.
- Mechanical and transmission requirements developed by ISO and IEC.
Fully Shielded Connectors:
- Cabling interface and pair assignments specified by ISO/IEC 11801:2002.
- Mechanical and transmission requirements specified in IEC 60603-7-7 and IEC/PAS 61076-3-104.
Fully Shielded Patch Cables:
- Mechanical and transmission requirements are specified in IEC 61156-5 and IEC 61156-6.
Fully Shielded Installation Practices:
- Installation Practices developed by ISO/IEC.