Siemon Technical Subject Matter Expert Panel
- Cabling Technology, Trends and Cabling-Specific Standards
- Valerie Maguire, Global Sales Engineer.
Valerie Maguire, BSEE holds the position of Global Sales Engineer at Siemon. Her expertise is focused on balanced twisted-pair and optical fiber telecommunications cabling and transmission theory. She is TIA TR-42 appointed liaison to IEEE 802.3, Treasurer of the IEEE 802.3 Ethernet Working Group, and Secretary of the IEEE 802.3 Maintenance Task Force and has held leadership positions in the TIA TR-42 Telecommunications Cabling Systems Engineering Committee and TIA-TR-42.7 Copper Cabling Subcommittee for eight two-year terms. In addition, Valerie has authored over 45 technical articles and engineering papers, holds one U.S. Patent, received the 2008 Harry J. Pfister Award for Excellence in Telecommunications, and was named one of CI&M’s Top 20 Positive Contributors to the Cabling and Networking Industry.
- Market Knowledge/Commercial Insight
- Robert C. Carlson, Vice President, Global Marketing
- Starting his career at Siemon as an engineer in 1992, Mr. Carlson offers the unique perspective of past involvement in structured cabling from all facets of the industry. As Senior Engineer, he developed many new products and holds a number of patents. In the years hence, he has held leadership roles as Marketing Manager, National Sales Manager, and now as an officer of the company as the VP of Global Marketing, overseeing Product Marketing and Management, Engineering, Marketing Communications and Customer Support Services.
- Global Cabling Standards/Internal Operations
- John A. Siemon - Vice President, Global Operations
- Mr. Siemon has been actively involved in the development of connection systems since 1982. His responsibilities include manufacturing, quality assurance and engineering. His standards activities include past positions as Chairman of the TIA TR42.1 subcommittee responsible for commercial premises cabling (authors of TIA-568-B.1 and Building Automation Systems Cabling standard TIA-862); Chairman of the US advisory group on international cabling standards (ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 25/WG 3; authors of ISO/IEC 11801); and Chairman for BICSI's Technical Information and Methods Committee. He is currently chairman of the US Advisory Group on Interconnection of Information Technology Equipment.