System Design Guide
Select a Channel Model
- 2-Connector Channel, Modular Solution
- 2-Connector Channel, Connecting Block Solution
- 3-Connector Channel with Consolidation Point, Modular Solution
- 3-Connector Channel with Consolidation Point, Connecting Block Solution
- 3-Connector Channel with Cross Connect, Modular Solution
- 3-Connector Channel with Cross Connect, Connecting Block Solution
- 4-Connector Channel, Modular Solution
- 4-Connector Channel, Connecting Block Solution
The purpose of this design tool is to help customers design horizontal channels for different LAN environments and configurations. The channel model to be installed is based upon a number of factors including cost (short term and long term), flexibility and performance.
|3-Connector with CP||Medium||Medium||Medium|
|3-Connector with CC||Medium||Medium||Medium|
When designing a cabling infrastructure, a single factor (i.e. - initial cost) is often the deciding characteristic of the channel selected. However, once all elements are considered, a design with higher initial cost may have a lower overall cost of ownership to a company that does a lot of Move, Add or Change (MAC) activity. The most important concern is that designers are familiar with all aspects of the different configurations available to make the best selection possible.