Cabling Solutions for Intelligent Buildings
Siemon ConvergeIT is a unified intelligent building (IB) cabling solution that combines Siemon’s proven quality with advanced copper and fiber cabling technology to create a structured cabling system that converges critical data, voice, video and low-voltage building systems onto a single unified physical infrastructure, providing significant cost savings and sustainability over the life of the facility.
Profitable Intelligent Buildings (IBs)
To build a better future…we need to change the way we build.
- Reduces disparate platforms via integrated systems
- Consolidates cabling and reduces unnecessary pathways and material cost
- A single unified cabling solution for IBs reduces subcontractors and lowers labor cost with one infrastructure deployment
- A ConvergeIT cabling system using Power over Ethernet (PoE) saves up to 75% vs. AC power runs.
- Efficient low-voltage power delivery and control to BAS devices and lighting saves energy
- Universal connectivity and flexible cabling facilitate less costly moves, adds and changes
- Enables analysis to maximize functionality and financial impact of building systems
- Integrated systems improve overall building control, management and security and can lower energy consumption by up to 50%
- Improves overall customer and employee satisfaction, engagement and retention
- Improves employee health and wellbeing, resulting in fewer costly sick days
- Better facilitates custom-controlled environments for efficient purposespecific tasks
- Increases employee productivity by up to 18% via improved comfort, air quality and lighting in the workplace
Frequently Asked Questions
How does LAN cabling integrate with BAS devices in a converged network? What is zoned cabling? Do Standards allow cable sharing? Is PoE compatible with cable sharing?