For Immediate Release
Siemon's Plenum-Rated Cabling and Connectivity Facilitates the Deployment of Intelligent Buildings
November 24, 2015. Watertown, CT — Siemon, a leading global network infrastructure specialist, today announced the addition of several plenum-rated copper cable and connectivity products to its line of ConvergeIT™ Cabling Solutions for Intelligent Buildings. Ideal for converging all low-voltage building systems onto a single physical infrastructure, these plenum-rated solutions can be located within the plenum (air handling) space to deliver remote power and provide connectivity for a variety of IP-based network, wireless, building automation, lighting, audiovisual, security, life safety and other low-voltage equipment and devices.
Today, more companies than ever are striving to deploy profitable intelligent buildings that provide significant capital and operational savings, while improving sustainability and overall customer and employee satisfaction. At the same time, the "Internet of Things" is rapidly becoming a reality as more low-voltage devices become network enabled for efficient power, control and communication across integrated systems.
In addition to voice, data, video and wireless devices, a wide range of sensors, control panels and detectors for access control, LED lighting, alarm systems, temperature, air handling/ventilation and many other security and building automation systems now require network connectivity. Often many of these devices need to connect within the plenum space of a building, including above the drop ceiling and under raised floors. Cable and connectivity placed within the plenum space must meet specific fire protection regulations in accordance with the National Electric Code® (NFPA 70), including UL 2043 rating for smoke and heat release in air-handling spaces.
Siemon's line of UL 2043 plenum-rated cable and connectivity products now includes:
- Z-MAX® Category 6A Shielded and UTP Solid Plenum Modular Cords
- Z-MAX Category 6A Shielded and UTP Outlets
- Z-MAX Category 6 UTP Outlets
- Z-MAX Category 5e Shielded Outlets
- MAX® Category 5e and Category 6 UTP Outlets
- IC 5e UTP Solid Plenum Modular Cords
- IC 6 UTP Solid Plenum Modular Cords
- Z-MAX and MX Surface Mount Boxes
- Surface Pack Boxes
- 24-Port MAX Zone Unit Enclosure
For more information about these and other products within Siemon's ConvergeIT Cabling Solutions for Intelligent Buildings, and to find out how converging critical data, voice, video and low-voltage building systems onto a single physical infrastructure can provide significant cost savings and sustainability over the life of a facility, visit www.siemon.com/convergeIT.
- About Siemon
- Established in 1903, Siemon is an industry leader specializing in the design and manufacture of high quality, high performance IT infrastructure solutions and services for Data Centers, LANs and Intelligent Buildings. Headquartered in Connecticut, USA, with global sales, technical and logistics expertise spanning 100 countries, Siemon offers the most comprehensive suites of copper and optical fiber cabling systems, cabinets, racks, cable management, data center power and cooling systems and Intelligent Infrastructure Management solutions. With more than 400 patents specific to structured cabling, Siemon Labs invests heavily in R&D and the development of Industry Standards, underlining the company's long-standing commitment to its customers and the industry. Through an ongoing commitment to waste and energy reduction, Siemon's environmental sustainability benchmarks are unparalleled in the industry, including 179% global carbon negativity and zero-landfill status
- Siemon Interconnect Solutions (SIS) is a Siemon business unit comprised of a team of dedicated technical sales professionals supported by Siemon Labs, mechanical, electrical and signal integrity engineers committed to solving industry and customer driven interconnect challenges. We provide custom network infrastructure solutions to: OEM's, Leading Manufacturers, Value-Added Resellers and System Integrators.
- Press Contact:
- Robert Carlson
- VP Global Marketing
- 101 Siemon Company Drive
- Watertown, CT 06795
- Phone : (1) 860 945-4262
- Fax : (1) 860 945-8503