For Immediate Release - March 26, 2013
Siemon LC BladePatch® Revolutionizes High-Density Fiber Patching
Watertown, CT — Siemon, a leading global network infrastructure specialist, is pleased to introduce the new innovative LC BladePatch® fiber optic duplex jumper that revolutionizes high-density fiber patching with the easiest access available in the industry.
With its intuitive, ergonomic action, the LC BladePatch completely eliminates the need to access a latch during installation and removal, avoiding any disruption or damage to adjacent fiber connectors in the tightest-fitting fiber patching environments. With these innovative features, Siemon has taken high-density fiber patching to a whole new level:
- Patent-pending push-pull boot design that enables precise control of the latch away from the point of termination, enhancing installation and removal in the highest density applications
- Patent-pending rotating latch that eliminates potential connector and cable damage during polarity changes while clearly indicating that a polarity change has been made
- Overall smaller diameter uni-tube cable design that reduces cable pathway congestion for improved airflow, energy efficiency and easy cable management
"The LC BladePatch is like nothing the industry has seen for high-density fiber patching. Its push-pull action allows easy removal from the finger grip at the end of the strain relief boot rather than trying to access an LC standard latch and potentially disrupting adjacent connectors," says Robert Carlson, vice president of global marketing at Siemon. "LC BladePatch is truly the ideal solution for today's highest density blade server, SAN and switch environments-whether Cisco, Brocade, Juniper, Enterasys or any other industry-leading high-density system."
Available with Siemon XGLO® OM3 and OM4 50/125 multimode and OS2 singlemode (UPC) optical fiber with OFNR, OFNP and LSOH constructions, the LC BladePatch is ideal for supporting high-speed 10 Gigabit fiber applications over extended distances and next generation backbones. It features a superior connector polish that meets stringent Telcordia and ISO/IEC end-face specifications and exceeds all ANSI/TIA and ISO/IEC insertion loss and return loss requirements. For use within any standard duplex LC adapter opening or LC small-form pluggable (SFP) module, the LC BladePatch is100% factory inspected to deliver precise optical performance and is warranted for 20 years to ensure optimum 10 Gigabit Ethernet serial transmission when installed in a qualified XGLO system.
Learn more about the Siemon LC BladePatch duplex jumpers at: http://www.siemon.com/lcbladepatch
- About Siemon
- Established in 1903, Siemon is an industry leader specializing in the design and manufacture of high quality, high performance IT infrastructure solutions and services for Data Centers, LANs and Intelligent Buildings. Headquartered in Connecticut, USA, with global sales, technical and logistics expertise spanning 100 countries, Siemon offers the most comprehensive suites of copper and optical fiber cabling systems, cabinets, racks, cable management, data center power and cooling systems and Intelligent Infrastructure Management solutions. With more than 400 patents specific to structured cabling, Siemon Labs invests heavily in R&D and the development of Industry Standards, underlining the company's long-standing commitment to its customers and the industry. Through an ongoing commitment to waste and energy reduction, Siemon's environmental sustainability benchmarks are unparalleled in the industry, including 179% global carbon negativity and zero-landfill status
- Siemon Interconnect Solutions (SIS) is a Siemon business unit comprised of a team of dedicated technical sales professionals supported by Siemon Labs, mechanical, electrical and signal integrity engineers committed to solving industry and customer driven interconnect challenges. We provide custom network infrastructure solutions to: OEM's, Leading Manufacturers, Value-Added Resellers and System Integrators.
- Press Contact:
- Betsy Conroy
- (860) 945-4200