For Immediate Release - April 8, 2011
Siemon Launches Online Data Center Learning Portal
Combining Siemon's extensive data center cabling knowledge with expert input from representatives of the world's leading network infrastructure companies, www.siemon.com/datacenters delivers educational resources and actionable guidance on a wide range of data center issues.
Watertown, CT, USA — Siemon, a globally recognized leader in network cabling solutions, has launched a new online resource dedicated to helping data center professionals get clear facts and access educational resources on critical data center infrastructure issues.
Focusing on key data center infrastructure issues such as energy consumption and cooling; high speed applications for networking and storage; cost-effective and future-proofing cabling strategies and more, www.siemon.com/datacenters provides an easily navigated portal to Siemon's library of in-depth data center resources. In addition to an expert panel discussion in which experts from Intel, Cisco, Aquantia and Siemon discuss 10GBASE-T advances and their impact on the data center environment, visitors can access Siemon's comprehensive Data Center e-book, instructional videos, webinars, customer case studies and more.
Key topics included:
- 10GBASE-T Advancements in the Data Center
- Reducing Data Center Power Consumption
- Data Center Cabling Choices Beyond 10Gb/s
- Strategies for Co-Location and Cloud for Operators and Tenants
- Shielded Cabling Benefits
- Data Center Cooling Best Practices
- Point-to-Point vs. "Any-to-All" Cabling Topologies
- Instructional data center product videos
www.siemon.com/datacenters also offers a new "Ask Carrie" feature, which allows users to have their data center questions directly answered by Siemon's Carrie Higbie, a globally recognized data center infrastructure expert. Carrie has been in the industry for nearly 30 years, with extensive background in all aspects of networking and application development - as a consultant, project manager, Fortune 500 data center executive and college-level educator. Along with her involvement in IEEE, TIA, COMMON, ASHRAE, USGBC, WGBC, ISO, The Uptime Institute and various other standards consortiums, Carrie's experience delivers a uniquely broad perspective to users' data center challenges.
To access Siemon's new Data Center Learning Portal, visit: http://www.siemon.com/datacenters
Learn more about Siemon's high-speed interconnect products at: http://www.siemon.com/sis
- About Siemon
- Established in 1903, Siemon is an industry leader specializing in the design and manufacture of high quality, high performance IT infrastructure solutions and services for Data Centers, LANs and Intelligent Buildings. Headquartered in Connecticut, USA, with global sales, technical and logistics expertise spanning 100 countries, Siemon offers the most comprehensive suites of copper and optical fiber cabling systems, cabinets, racks, cable management, data center power and cooling systems and Intelligent Infrastructure Management solutions. With more than 400 patents specific to structured cabling, Siemon Labs invests heavily in R&D and the development of Industry Standards, underlining the company's long-standing commitment to its customers and the industry. Through an ongoing commitment to waste and energy reduction, Siemon's environmental sustainability benchmarks are unparalleled in the industry, including 179% global carbon negativity and zero-landfill status
- Siemon Interconnect Solutions (SIS) is a Siemon business unit comprised of a team of dedicated technical sales professionals supported by Siemon Labs, mechanical, electrical and signal integrity engineers committed to solving industry and customer driven interconnect challenges. We provide custom network infrastructure solutions to: OEM's, Leading Manufacturers, Value-Added Resellers and System Integrators.
- Press Contact:
- Betsy Conroy
- (860) 945-4200