For Immediate Release
April 21, 2008
Free E-Book: 10 Gigabit Network Cabling Basics for IT Professionals
Watertown, CT — Siemon is proud to launch a new E-Book by noted cabling experts Valerie Maguire (Rybinski) and Carrie Higbie. Developed in response to the growing global market adoption of 10 Gigabit networks, this comprehensive E-Book provides an in-depth overview designed to guide IT professionals through the implementation of a 10 Gigabit capable infrastructure. Topics include available technologies, performance standards, implementation best practices, total cost of ownership planning and actionable recommendations on a wide array of 10 Gigabit cabling challenges.
Entitled "10 Gigabit Network Cabling Basics", this free 26-page E-Book is geared towards IT professionals and is available at: http://www.siemon.com/go/10gig
In the free 26-page E-Book:
- Choosing Cabling Based on Cabling Lifecycles and Total Cost of Ownership
- Cabling Vendor Selection Factors
- Guide to Current Cabling Standards from Category 5e to Category 7A
- A Brief Guide to Alien Crosstalk
To download this E-Book, visit http://www.siemon.com/go/10gig
About the Authors:
Carrie Higbie is recognized expert in the data center infrastructure field, having been involved in computing and networking for 25+ years in executive and consultant roles. In her position as Siemon's Director of Global Data Center Services, she supports end-user customer projects and liaises with active electronics manufacturers to promote network system operability. A regular and popular speaker at global industry events, she has published over 100 articles and whitepapers. Ms. Higbie is an board of advisors member and expert for TechTarget's SearchNetworking, SearchVoIP, and SearchDataCenters resource centers, authoring columns for these as well SearchCIO and SearchMobile forums. She is the former President of the BladeSystems Alliance and is currently an active board of directors member. She participates in IEEE, the Ethernet Alliance and IDC Enterprise Expert Panel and holds two telecommunications patents.
Valerie Maguire's (Rybinski) expertise is focused in the fields of balanced twisted-pair and fiber optic telecommunications cabling, connecting hardware, and cables. She participates in working groups responsible for the development and publication of telecommunications standards such as the pending TIA/EIA-568-B.2-10 (category 6A) and TIA/EIA-568-C.2 (future revision of '568-B.2) documents. She is the chair of the TIA TR-42.7 copper cabling sub-committee and TIA TR-42 appointed liaison to IEEE 802.3. She has authored over 45 technical articles and engineering papers and holds one U.S. Patent.
- About Siemon
- Established in 1903, Siemon is an industry leader specializing in the design and manufacture of high quality, high performance IT infrastructure solutions and services for Data Centers, LANs and Intelligent Buildings. Headquartered in Connecticut, USA, with global sales, technical and logistics expertise spanning 100 countries, Siemon offers the most comprehensive suites of copper and optical fiber cabling systems, cabinets, racks, cable management, data center power and cooling systems and Intelligent Infrastructure Management solutions. With more than 400 patents specific to structured cabling, Siemon Labs invests heavily in R&D and the development of Industry Standards, underlining the company's long-standing commitment to its customers and the industry. Through an ongoing commitment to waste and energy reduction, Siemon's environmental sustainability benchmarks are unparalleled in the industry, including 179% global carbon negativity and zero-landfill status
- Siemon Interconnect Solutions (SIS) is a Siemon business unit comprised of a team of dedicated technical sales professionals supported by Siemon Labs, mechanical, electrical and signal integrity engineers committed to solving industry and customer driven interconnect challenges. We provide custom network infrastructure solutions to: OEM's, Leading Manufacturers, Value-Added Resellers and System Integrators.
- Press Contact:
- Betsy Conroy
- (860) 945-4200