Zero-U Patching with VersaPOD Data Center Cabinets
Part of Siemon's Data Center Solutions, VersaPOD Data Center Cabinets feature dual-hinged split doors, Zero-U vertical patch panels, recessed corner posts, high-capacity horizontal cable managers and end-of-row vertical patch panels.
- 1 DUAL-HINGED SPLIT DOORS
- Rear split data center cabinet doors can be hinged open in both directions or removed, providing direct and unimpeded access to either the vertical patching zones or equipment areas.
- 2 ZERO-U VERTICAL PATCH PANELS
- Vertical copper and fiber patch panels provide up to 24U of Zero-U vertical patching space between every two data center cabinets (12 front, 12 rear) - up to 1152 copper and 1728 fiber ports.
- These panels conveniently slide forward providing access to the connections at the rear of the panel.
- 3 RECESSED CORNER POSTS
- 191mm (7.5") of space between equipment ports and cabinet doors enables cables to be routed directly from Zero-U patch panels, cable managers or PDUs to equipment mounting areas. Also facilitates horizontal cabinet-to-cabinet cablerouting and patching.
- 4 HIGH-CAPACITY HORIZONTAL CABLE MANAGERS
- 2U and 4U horizontal managers are available with 4" and 6" depths to effectively create horizontal cable management highways across a row of cabinets for cabinet-to-cabinet cable routing and patching while hinged covers conceal and protect the cable pathway.
- 5 END-OF-ROW VERTICAL PATCH PANELS
- Mount up to 8U of (4 front, 4 rear) patch panels in the Zero-U vertical space at both ends of each row.
Zero-U Patching Benefits
- SHORTER CORDS AND JUMPERS
- Zero-U patch panels put patching ports right beside equipment ports - reducing the need for more expensive, longer cords. Shorter cords and a more direct path improves data center air flow, aesthetics and simplifies channel tracing.
- MORE DESIGN OPTIONS
- With your patching fields maintained in VersaPOD's Zero-U vertical space, you can decrease or even eliminate the use of patch panels in traditional 19" horizontal mounting space freeing this space for additional data center networking and storage equipment options.
- Supporting up to 1152 copper and 1728 fiber patching ports between every 2 cabinets and at both ends of each row, VersaPOD provides ample patching capacity for future data center expansion - without labor-intensive re-design or additional cabinets.