FEWER CABINETS = LESS DATA CENTER REAL ESTATE = $ SAVINGS
Two bayed VersaPOD data center cabinets provide an additional 40U of space vs. standard data center cabinets - nearly the equivalent of three standard cabinets in the space of two. The table below compares two VersaPOD's to three standard data center cabinets, showing how VersaPOD can save 12" (304mm) of valuable data center floor space with every two cabinets. Scaled across all the data center cabinets in your facility, a significant space savings is possible.
|# of Data Center Cabinets||Data Center Cabinet Width||Space consumed||Mounting Space|
|VersaPOD||2||30" (762 mm)||60" (1524 mm)||130U|
|Standard 600mm||3||24" (609.6 mm)||72" (1828 mm)||135U|
|12" (304 mm) Floor Space savings|
VERSAPOD SPACE SAVINGS EXAMPLE
The diagrams below indicate a real-world example of how VersaPOD cut a customer's data center cabinet needs in half.
STANDARD DATA CENTER CABINETS
- 4 Standard 600mm cabinets
- 1 Fiber switch installed in each cabinet
- Fiber enclosures and cable management required to support switches consumes the full equipment mounting space
VERSAPOD DATA CENTER CABINETS
- 2 VersaPOD data center cabinets
- 2 Fiber switches installed in each cabinet
- All fiber connectivity and management requirements contained in the Zero-U space between bayed data center cabinets