SidePOD™ and Baffle
Siemon's 42U SidePOD and Baffle solution is designed to support side-to-side ventilated active equipment such as the Cisco Nexus® 7018 Series Switches.
- 1 INTEGRATED BRUSH GAURDS
- Multiple integrated brush guards provide cable access to the Zero-U space from overhead distribution systems
- 2END OF ROW CAPACITY
- Increases with SidePOD so full size Zero-U patch panels and cable managers can be used
- 3 ZERO U MODULARITY
- Ensures that with a baffle installed, the balance of Zero-U space can be fully utilized for patching or cable management
- 4 REVERSIBLE BAFFLE DESIGN
- Baffles can be installed in either orientation to properly route either cold air input or hot air exhaust. Two angled baffles may be nested 180º to each other in the same Zero-U space allowing two sidevented switches to be mounted next to each other
Zero-U Cable Management Benefits
SidePOD – with two vented doors
adds 140mm (5.5 in.) width to
the end of row
The SidePOD is an option for use with Siemon’s VP2A 1200mm (48 in.) deep VersaPOD cabinets and creates the necessary clearance for proper airflow to the switch. The baffles are used to properly route cold air from the front of the cabinet to the input side of the switch as well as route exhaust from the output side of the switch to be vented in the hot aisle. Cisco Nexus® 7018 Operational Compliance has been validated via Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) modeling under maximum operating conditions.
In addition to providing a cooling platform, the SidePOD also allows full size Zero-U panels to be used in End of Row applications. This includes up to 12U of vertical patching and high capacity vertical cable management with hinged covers.