Fiber Optic Cabling Solutions for Data Centres
Higher Fiber Density in the Data Centre with Plug and Play
Siemon has the best performing OM3 and OM4 Multimode and Singlemode Plug and Play Fiber Data Centre Solutions with industry-leading performance margins up to 60%.
- Simple, efficient and green - No connectors, termination kits, consumables or onsite scrap or waste.
- Factory Terminated and Tested assemblies can be deployed up to 90% faster than traditional field termination methods.
- Siemon's RazorCore fibre cable with 12-fibre MTP connectors delivers the industry's smallest diameter plug and play assembly for reduced pathway utilization and improved air flow.
- Optimized adapter spacing for easy fibre access to fibre jumper latches in high density patching environments.
- Deploy your data centre infrastructure fast with pre-terminated and tested fibre trunking cable assemblies.
- Available from 12 to 144 fibre counts in multimode (62.5/125, standard 50/125 and laser optimized 50/125 - OM3/OM4) and Singlemode (OS2) with jacket ratings in riser, plenum and LSOH.
- Independent third-party testing by Experior Labs confirms 40Gb/s and 100Gb/s-Readiness and performance margins in accordance with the latest IEC 1280-4-1 Edition 2 and TIA/EIA-455-171A standard.
LC BladePatch - Revolutionising High Density Fibre
Siemon's LC BladePatch duplex jumper offers a unique solution for high-density fibre optic patching environments. It features a revolutionary and innovative push-pull boot design to control the latch, enabling easy access and removal in tight-fitting areas. The LC BladePatch utilizes a smaller diameter uni-tube cable design which reduces cable pathway congestion improving air flow and increasing energy efficiency while simplifying overall cable management.
The LC BladePatch provides low-loss performance for Multimode and Singlemode supporting the precise optical performance requirements for high speed networks and improving network performance. The LC BladePatch is ideal for patching high density blade servers, patch panels and equipment.
10Gb/s XGLO Fiber Optic Cabling System
- 10Gb/s and beyond
- Multimode and Singlemode
- Flexible Fiber Management
The XGLO fibre system is ideal for next generation backbone or fibre-to-the-desk applications. XGLO cable assemblies feature premium fibre meeting IEEE 802.3 10 Gigabit Ethernet Standard as well as IEC-60793-2-10 and TIA-492AAAC specifications for laser bandwidth Differential Mode Delay (DMD) specifications. XGLO utilizes laser-optimized fibre for superior transmission performance for 1G or 10G Ethernet applications.
A Closer Look at Fiber Optic Cable Assemblies
Many network performance problems occurring at the physical layer are directly related to cable assembly quality.
In fact, the overall performance and reliability of a network port is only as good as the cabling to which it is connected. This is particularly true of optical fibre cable assemblies, where seemingly minute variances in tight Fiber connectivity tolerances can drastically undermine cabling performance.
While a percentage of assembly performance issues may be identified through field testing of installed channels, field testing is not inclusive of all potential issues. Although a critical step, field testing can provide a false sense of security.
The study included generic fibre jumpers purchased through online retailers that were produced by both domestic (US) and offshore assembly houses as well as assemblies from Siemon and other globally known brands - all purchased through authorized distributors. This benchmark testing provides a detailed review of mechanical and optical characteristics that are critical to the performance and longevity of these connections.
Data Centre Infrastructure Customer Case Studies
- Shielded from Disaster: Advanced Cabling Solutions Enhance Emergency Operations in Lee County, Florida