QSFP+ to 4 SFP+ Passive Copper Assemblies
Siemon Interconnect Solutions QSFP+ to 4 SFP+ Passive Copper Assemblies breakout cables allow users to connect equipment with QSFP+ ports configured to work as four SFP+ ports. They offer a cost-effective, low-power option to support flexibility in high-speed data center applications.
These high performance direct-attach assemblies support 4 lanes of 10 Gb/s (40Gb/s composite) and are available in standard lengths up to 5 meters with longer custom lengths available.
The high-density QSFP+ connector is on one end with the 4 SFF-8431 Compliant SFP+ connectors on the other end. It features a positive retention pull-release latch system for ease-of-use.
The QSFP+ to 4 SFP+ Passive Copper Assemblies are manufactured using automated welding for unmatched consistency because the welding process results in less dielectric shrink-back than soldering.
Ideal Applications for SIS's QSFP+ to 4 SFP+ Passive Copper Assemblies
- InfiniBand SDR, DDR and QDR
- Ethernet 1G, 10G and 40G
- Rack-to-Rack, Top of Rack (TOR) and Core Switch
- Hubs, switches, routers, servers
Key Features of SIS's QSFP+ to 4 SFP+ Passive Copper Assemblies
- Positive retention pull-release latch system
- Multiple conductor sizes available to achieve optimized performance
- Ultra low crosstalk for enhanced performance
- High-density QSFP+ connector
- SFF-8431 Compliant SFP+ connector
- NEW! PCB Termination
- Overmold provides additional strain relief to minimize pistoning
- Laser stripped conductors
- Automated welding for unmatched consistency
- Welding results in less dielectric shrink-back than soldering
QSFP+ and SFP+ Standards Compliance
- Electrical: IBTA Volume 2 Revision 1.3
|Min. Dielectric Withstand Voltage||300 VDC|
|Insulation Resistance||1000 Mohms|
|Current Rating||0.5 Amp Min/Signal Contact|
|Operating Temperature||0 to 70 C (32 to 158 F)|
|Flammability Rating (Plastics)||UL 94|
|Green Features||RoHS, Lead-Free|
|Marking||Mfg Name, Part#, Date Code|
|Backshell Material||Nickel-Plated Zinc Diecast|
|Contact Material||PCB with Gold-Plated Pads|
|Latch||Positive Latching w/Pull Tab|
|Insertion Force||QSFP+: 40N Max. SFP+ 30N Max|
|Withdrawal Force||QSFP+: 30N Max. SFP+ 20N Max|
|Retention Force||90N Min.|
|Durability||QSFP+: 250 Cycles Min. SFP+ 50 cycles Min.|
|Wire Gauge||30 AWG and 28 AWG|
|Impedance||100± 5 ohms|
|Bend Radius||5X Cable OD -Single
10X Cable OD - Repeated
- SFPPQSFP30-00.5 QSFP+ to 4X SFP+ Passive Copper Cable Assembly, ½ Meters, Gauge = 30
- SFPPQSFP30-01 QSFP+ to 4X SFP+ Passive Copper Cable Assembly, 1 Meters, Gauge = 30
- SFPPQSFP30-02 QSFP+ to 4X SFP+ Passive Copper Cable Assembly, 2 Meters, Gauge = 30
- SFPPQSFP28-03 QSFP+ to 4X SFP+ Passive Copper Cable Assembly, 3 Meters, Gauge = 28
- SFPPQSFP28-05 QSFP+ to 4X SFP+ Passive Copper Cable Assembly, 5 Meters, Gauge = 28
Contact us for larger quantity availability.
Note: Contact customer service for additional lengths and wire gauges
OEM ordering available. Contact us for more information.
Because we continuously improve our products, Siemon reserves the right to change specifications and availability without prior notice.