What is RoHS?
RoHS stands for Restriction on the use of Hazardous Substances. Currently, there are two major regional RoHS initiatives in effect:
- European Directive 2011/65/EU - published in the Official Journal of the European Union.
- Chinese Ministry of Information Industry Order #39 Management Methods for Controlling Pollution by Electronic Information Products, in effect on March 1, 2007.
These RoHS directives provide preventive measures on a legal basis to restrict the use of certain hazardous substances in various types of new electronic and electrical equipment.
Siemon has achieved compliance to these RoHS requirements. Specifically:
- All Siemon products shipped to EU Member States from Siemon factories are fully RoHS compliant
- Beginning March 1, 2007 all products shipped from Siemon factories to China comply to Chinese RoHS marking requirements
- All Siemon products are shipped in packaging marked with the to signify EU RoHS compliance (when it applies) and the or to signify China RoHS status.
- Some Siemon products are not electrical equipment. These items are not in the scope of RoHS and are not legally allowed to carry the CE logo. Packaging for these products will be marked with a leaf or an arrow , representing that these products do not contain any hazardous substances, as identified in the RoHS or REACH directives.
In respect to the vast quantity of part number databases owned and operated by our distributors, installers and customers and because many of our products have never contained these substances, we have decided not to change finished good part numbers to reflect compliant product. Specific compliancy requests can be directed to any regional Siemon sales office. For a list of regional contact information, please click here.
- Restricted Substances
- Siemon RoHS Compliant Product Labeling
- White Paper: RoHS and Siemon's Commitment