The STM-8 is an economical and versatile hand-held tester designed for the testing of UTP and screened cable for opens, shorts, reversals, miswires, split pairs and cable length. Its rugged, state-of-the-art construction, easy-to-read LCD display and multiple remotes allow one person to quickly test and identify up to four different cable runs from one location.
- Extended Battery Life — A low battery status indication is provided, as well as automatic shut-off
- Long Length Testing — Test cable runs up to 900m (2950 ft.)
- Easy Reference — Indications for 6- and 8-position jacks
- Line Voltage Indicator — The presence of line voltage is indicated on the display to help prevent accidental damage to the unit
- Multi-Location Testing — Additional remotes can be purchased separately
- Universal Compatibility — The UTP modular cords are equipped with patented "universal" plugs that fit into any standard 6- or 8-position modular jack
- Tests All Wiring Configurations
- STM8 tests T568A, T568B, USOC, 10BASE-T, Token Ring, and TP-PMD wiring configurations.
- Determines Unknown Wiring
- In FIND mode, the STM-8 will detect and identify which wiring scheme is present in the cable being tested.
- Determines Cable Length
- In the LENGTH mode, the STM-8 will determine the distance measurements on any given cable up to 900m (2950 ft.). This feature may be used with all four identifiable remotes.
- MC-8-005 (Picture) Universal plug-ended modular replacement cord
- MC5-S-8-005 (Picture) Screened modular replacement cord
- STM-8 (Picture) UTP (unshielded, twisted-pair) cable tester. Includes carrying case, remote "A", two universal plug-ended modular cords, wiring guide, 9V alkaline battery, instructions, and warranty card
- STM-8-R(X) (Picture) Passive Remote
- STM-8-RA-S (Picture) active remote
- STM-8-S (Picture) Screened twisted-pair cable tester. Includes carrying case, active remote, two screened modular cords, wiring guide, 9V alkaline battery, instructions, and warranty card
Because we continuously improve our products, Siemon reserves the right to change specifications and availability without prior notice