We offer modular plugs in standard configurations to terminate modular cords for patching or work area applications. Modular plugs can be terminated to the exact cable length needed in order to maintain a neater, more organized installation. The plugs terminate twisted-pair cable with 26 - 22 AWG (0.40mm - 0.64mm) solid or 7-strand conductors with an insulated conductor diameter of 0.86 - 0.99mm (0.034 - 0.039 in.). Recommended cable O.D. is 0.20 [5.08] max. All plug contacts have 50 microinches minimum of gold plating over nickel and meet TIA-968-A and IEC 60603-7 specifications.
- Technical Tip!
- Factory terminated and tested modular cords are required to achieve consistent channel performance. Field termination is not recommended.
- P-6-4 (Picture) 6-position modular plug with 4 contacts*
- P-6-6 (Picture) 6-position modular plug with 6 contacts*
- P-8-8 (Picture) 8-position modular plug with 8 contacts
- PS-8-8 (Picture) 8-position shielded modular plug with 8 contacts
- *Siemon 6-position plugs provide empty slots in the outer positions to prevent deformation of jack pins 1 & 8 when inserted into an 8-position modular jack.
Because we continuously improve our products, Siemon reserves the right to change specifications and availability without prior notice