Industrial MAX 6 Connectivity Overview
Siemon is well-known for its industry leading category 6 products. Now those same high performance products are available with our patent-pending Industrial MAX housings. Industrial MAX 6 outlets and modular patch cords provide an IP66/IP67-rated seal, protecting plug and jack contacts from dust, moisture, vibration, and common cleaning chemicals. The Industrial MAX 6 solution is ideal for protecting valuable connections in laboratory environments, hospitals, food processing plants and other harsh environments.
The Industrial MAX outlet features an unshielded (UTP) category 6 MAX module housed in a protective shell. The outlet's outer housing is made of durable, chemical-resistant, industrial-grade thermoplastic and features Siemon's patent-pending bayonet-style mating design. Category 6 performance is guaranteed in harsh environments.
The industrial connector's bayonet-style mating prevents over-tightening which could damage contact pins inside the outlet or under-tightening which prevents a proper seal.
- Standardized Interface The Industrial MAX Connector has been recognized by the Open DeviceNet Vendor Association (ODVA), TIA/EIA TR 42.9 and IEC PAS 61076-3-111
- Easy Termination The UTP Industrial MAX outlet utilizes a standard 110 tool for quick and easy punch-down termination
- Universal Wiring Each outlet is compatible with both T568A and T568B wiring options
- Ensures Proper Seal Bayonet-style mating ensures proper plug depth into the outlet and an IP66/IP67 rated seal
- Meets Harsh Demands of the Environment
- Specially designed Industrial MAX 6 connectors can withstand humidity, dust and vibration.
- Vibration Causes Pitting In Typical Outlets
- Seen under a microscope after exposure to extreme vibration, contact between a typical modular plug and outlet can pit the contact pins, causing intermittent transmission problems.
- Humidity Affects Typical Outlets
- Humidity corrodes contact pins inside typical outlets. Repeated exposure can eventually destroy the contact pins, rendering the outlet unusable. The Industrial MAX outlet's special housing prevents this corrosion.
- Reduce Installation Time
- Pyramid Wire Entry System on S310® blocks separates paired conductors when lacing cables to simplify and reduce installation time.
Because we continuously improve our products, Siemon reserves the right to change specifications and availability without prior notice